James 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein,
he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
A. The Perception – But whoso looketh…
We have no idea how blessed we are to be able to have the wonderful opportunity to “look into” the wonderful riches of God!
I Peter 1:10-12
- 10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
- 11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
- 12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
B. The Perfection – But whoso looketh into the perfect law,
- Psalms 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
- Psalms 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
- 1 Corinthians 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
Does not need to be re-written.
Does not need to be revised.
C. The Permission – …the perfect law of liberty…
What a great day it is in a believer’s life when the Bible becomes their permission slip to live a life of blessing rather than a rule book to make their life miserable!
- John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
- Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
- 2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
- Galatians 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
- 1 Peter 2:16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
I. Whoso Continueth in the Word
- John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
II. Whoso Continueth with the Church
- Acts 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
- 1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
III. Whoso Continueth in Grace
- Acts 13:43 …Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
- 2 Corinthians 6:1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
IV. Whoso Continueth in Faith
- Acts 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
V. Whoso Continueth in Teaching
- Acts 15:35 Paul also and Barnabas continued in Antioch, teaching and preaching the word of the Lord, with many others also.
- Acts 18:11 And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.
VI. Whoso Continueth in Prayer
- Colossians 4:2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;
- Luke 6:12 And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.
- Acts 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
VII. Whoso Continueth in Doctrine
- 1 Timothy 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
VIII. Whoso Continueth in Love
- Hebrews 13:1 Let brotherly love continue.
Conclusion: …this man shall be blessed in his deed.