War of Thrones
Isaiah 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Introduction: I have been saying this for weeks, but this morning, I want to say it again. We are engaged in a spiritual battle; a war that has been raging for thousands and thousands of years. The battle that has been raging has been mostly behind the scenes, in the spiritual realm and has been for the most part, fought out of sight of the masses. What we are seeing now is the overflowing of rebellion and conflict that can no longer be confined to back rooms, secret meetings and hidden agendas. The masks are off; the façades have been obliterated, and the realities of what we have been warned about are now abundantly and unquestionably clear. We are engaged in and witnesses of an epic WAR OF THRONES.
Understand: The war that we are engaged in:
- Is not a war between whites and blacks.
- Is not a war between protesters and the police.
- Is not a war between Republicans and Democrats.
- Is not a war between red states and blue states.
- Is not a war between American citizens and illegal immigrants.
- Is not a war between the population and the politicians.
We are in a WAR OF THRONES.
What we are witnessing is an overflow of an ageless war between God and Satan.
We are engaged in an onslaught of foul, unclean and demonic spirits that are waging an all-out attack on the very authority and throne of Almighty God.
The Throne of God is the center of the attacks:
- His Person
- His Principles
- His Precepts
- His Proclamations
- His People
- His Priorities
- His Plan …are all under attack by the prince and the power of the air – Satan himself.
Make no mistake about it:
- this WAR OF THRONES is intensifying; it is escalating, and it is accelerating.
I. The Origin of the War
The WAR OF THRONES originated at the very throne of God.
This war began in the very presence of God Almighty.
This war began in a holy, perfect, sinless environment.
The rebellion against the throne of God began at the throne.
NOTE: There has been a war against the throne of God for thousands and thousands of years.
We should not be surprised or shocked to see such blatant warfare being waged today against God.
If war could be declared against a Sovereign God in His very presence, in a perfect environment, when sinful men, with an upbringing in a godless education system; broken homes, brain-washed and programmed by Hollywood, living in a vacuum of alternative facts and reality – when they wage war on God, we should not be surprised!
II. The Objective of the War
A. To Dethrone the Sovereign – Isaiah 14:13 I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:
NOTE: Lucifer did not have a throne.
He rebelled against the throne of God by desiring to have a throne.
He was an angel; a created being.
There was only one throne – the throne of God.
His throne was a figment of his imagination.
His throne didn’t exist.
He has no throne. He has no scepter. He has no crown.
B. To Dominate the Saints
- Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Satan wants to shut down and confine the saints of God from being able to fulfil their mission.
From Day 1, Satan has had it out for the church.
Jesus knew this. He predicted it. He even addressed it when He revealed His plan to start it.
- Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
According to Ephesians 6, we are in a wrestling match with Satan and all his fallen angels.
Wrestling depicts an attempt to dominate; to force into submission; to control and
John the Beloved reminded the church:
- 1 John 2:14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him [that is] from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.
- 1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
C. To Destroy the Souls
- Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
- 2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Satan will possess the anti-christ, and use him to further damn the souls of men during the Tribulation.
- READ II Thessalonians 2:3-1
III. The Outcome of the War
In Revelation 19, the ultimate WAR OF THRONES commences.
The climax; the showdown; the face-to-face confrontation that Lucifer wanted all the way back in Isaiah 14; the conflict that he had been trying to initiate for thousands of years is finally here.
Read Revelation 19:11-19
The kings of the earth gathered to make war against the One that had many crowns on His head.
In Revelation 20, God sends ONE angel from heaven to lay hold on the dragon
- Revelation 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
Here’s a preview of the WAR OF THRONES season finale:
A. Satan will be Bound – 20:2
- Revelation 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
B. Satan will be Banished – 20:3, 7
- Vs. 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
- Vs. 7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
C. Satan will be Beaten – 20:8, 9
- Revelation 17:12-14 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast. These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful.
D. Satan will be Burned – 20:10
- vs. 10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
God wins this WAR OF THRONES!
- Psalms 45:6 Thy throne, O God, [is] for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom [is] a right sceptre.
In the last chapter of the Bible, we find that the throne of God and of the Lamb is victorious!
Revelation 22:1, 3
- And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
- And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: