The Power of Non-Stop Prayer
1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
I. It Recruits your Father
- 1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
- Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think,
- Matthew 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
- Luke 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
II. It Relieves your Fears
- Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
CAREFUL: to be anxious; to be troubled with cares
- We never stop thinking.
- We never stop planning.
- We never stop remembering.
- We never stop needing.
- We never stop desiring.
- We never stop messing up.
- We never stop needing to forgive others that have messed up.
So why would we stop praying?
III. It Rebuild your Faith
- Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
- Our faith is always under attack. Prayer counteracts that.
- Our morality is always under attack. Prayer counteracts that.
- Our spirituality is always under attack. Prayer counteracts that.
As long as you are praying, you are still looking to God.
As long as we are praying, we are demonstrating a reliance upon Him.