The Godly Life Series
Titus 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
I. The Pursuit of Godliness
- 1 Timothy 6:11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
- 2 Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
II. The Payoff of Godliness
- 1 Timothy 4:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
- 1 Timothy 4:15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
- 1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
III. The Particulars of Godliness
A. Avoid Ungodly People, Ungodly Places, and Ungodly Practices
I Timothy 6
- 3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
- 4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
- 5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
- Proverbs 4:14 Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men.
- Psalms 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
B. Adhere to Godly Principles, Godly Precepts and a Godly Path
- Psalms 119:15 I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.
- Psalms 119:27 Make me to understand the way of thy precepts: so shall I talk of thy wondrous works.
- Psalms 119:40 Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness.
- Psalms 119:45 And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.
- Psalms 119:56 This I had, because I kept thy precepts.
- Psalms 119:63 I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts.