The Church of the Living God
1 Timothy 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
Intro: The church is one of the most unique entities.
It is not an organization; it is an organism.
That is because it THE CHURCH OF THE LIVING GOD.
The living God will have a Body that is Alive.
- 1 Peter 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
The living God will have Believers that are Alive.
- Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
- Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
- Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
- 1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
The living God will have a Book that is Alive.
- Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Because of that, the church is the place of many unique events and attributes.
By the way, the devil has a so-called church.
He has the “church of Satan” which is a oxymoron.
This weekend in Scottsdale Arizona is the first Satanic Temple National Convention.
By the way, it is sold out! It is officially called SatanCon.
A church is group of saved, baptized believers.
There is something special about THE CHURCH OF THE LIVING GOD!
The CHURCH OF THE LIVING GOD is unusual because of:
I. The Price He Paid for the Church
- Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
- 1 Corinthians 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
- 1 Corinthians 7:23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.
II. The Protection He Promised to the Church
- Matthew 16:18 …upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
III. The Power He Provided to the Church
- Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
- Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
IV. The Plan He Presented to the Church
- Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
- Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
V. The Place He Prepared for the Church
- 1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
- 2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
- 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
- 4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
- 5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
- 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.