Seek Him Chapel Sermon Series
Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
What It Means to Find Him
Intro: There are two groups of people:
1. those that have found Him
2. those who have not.
NOTE: God knows who is seeking Him and who is not!
- Psalms 14:2 The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
- 1 Chronicles 28:9 And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.
Those that have NOT found him:
A. Were not seeking Him
- 2 Chronicles 12:14 And he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the LORD. (Rehoboam)
B. Were not serious
- Mark 1:37 And when they had found him, they said unto him, All men seek for thee.
C. Waited too late
- Isaiah 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
- Hosea 5:6 They shall go with their flocks and with their herds to seek the LORD; but they shall not find him; he hath withdrawn himself from them.
D. Walked away sorrowful
- Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
- 22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
Let’s talk about those that HAVE found the Lord.
I. Seeking and Finding God Involves Prayer to God
- Psalms 34:4 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
II. Seeking and Finding God Involves the Precepts of God
- Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
- 2 Chronicles 14:4 And commanded Judah to seek the LORD God of their fathers, and to do the law and the commandment.
III. Seeking and Finding God Involves the Presence of God
- Exodus 33:7 And Moses took the tabernacle, and pitched it without the camp, afar off from the camp, and called it the Tabernacle of the congregation. And it came to pass, that every one which sought the LORD went out unto the tabernacle of the congregation, which was without the camp.
- Psalms 27:4 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
- Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
IV. Seeking and Finding God Involves Perception from God
- Proverbs 28:5 Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.
V. Seeking and Finding God Involves the Prosperity from God
- 2 Chronicles 26:5 And he sought God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God: and as long as he sought the LORD, God made him to prosper.
- 2 Chronicles 14:7 Therefore he said unto Judah, Let us build these cities, and make about them walls, and towers, gates, and bars, while the land is yet before us; because we have sought the LORD our God, we have sought him, and he hath given us rest on every side. So they built and prospered.
- Psalms 34:10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.
- Lamentations 3:25 The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
- Jeremiah 10:21 For the pastors are become brutish, and have not sought the LORD: therefore they shall not prosper, and all their flocks shall be scattered.