Prayer Problems Sermon Series Part 2
No Need To Doubt Him Now
Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
Intro: As we explore the various problems that make prayer difficult, let’s begin with one of the biggest problems we all struggle with. Doubt.
If we are honest, we simply don’t believe that God will hear our prayer.
We don’t believe He will answer us.
Many Christians pray doubting.
Many more doubt so much that they don’t even bother to pray.
I’ve got bad news. Doubt is a serious PRAYER PROBLEM!
- 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
- 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
I want to give you three reasons why there is NO REASON TO DOUBT HIM NOW!
I. God’s Immediate Response
The first prayer God ever answered was your prayer asking Him to save you.
How did that work out for you?
What was God’s response to you when you called unto Him for salvation?
- Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
- John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
II. God’s Immense Resources
Question: What could you possibly ask for that He does not have?
- Psalm 24:1 The earth is the LORD’S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
Question: What could you possible ask Him to do that He isn’t able to do?
- Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
- Luke 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
- 22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
- 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
- 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
III. God’s Inviting Request
- Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
- 7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
- 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
- 9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
- 10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
- 11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?