More Sermon Series
Intro: Last week, we looked at how the word MORE speaks of God’s agenda; He sent Jesus that we might have life and that we might have it more abundantly.
God wants to bless us. He wants to give His children an abundant life.
That was His Agenda; and it still is.
Our Theme Verse for 2022 is Psalm 115:14 The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children.
But to be able to do that, He must be a God of great Abundance.
A. The Source of His Abundance
- 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- 2 The same was in the beginning with God.
- 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
- 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
- 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
B. The Scope of His Abundance
The Heavens are the Lord’s.
- Psalms 115:16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD’S:
The Pillars of the Earth are the Lord’s.
Hannah prayed in I Samuel 2.
I Samuel 2
- 6 The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.
- 7 The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up.
- 8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD’S, and he hath set the world upon them.
The Earth is the Lord’s.
- Psalms 24:1 The earth is the LORD’S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
- 1 Corinthians 10:26 For the earth is the Lord’s, and the fulness thereof.
Let’s examine how that for God to be a God of MORE, He must be a God with great ABUNDANCE.
I. He’s Abundant in Converting Power
- Isaiah 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
TURN TO ROMANS 5
- Romans 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
- Romans 5:17 For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
- Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
II. He’s Abundant in Complete Purging
- 13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
- 14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
III. He’s Abundant in Confirming Promise – Hebrews 6:17
- 17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:
IV. He is Abundant in Consoling Protection – Hebrews 6:18
- 18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
- 19 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
SEE Numbers 35 – God provided a refuge from the penalty of death.
But God is our Refuge: Psalms 142:5 I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.