- 1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
- 2 Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.
- 3 And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name.
- 4 And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill him not:
- 5 Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people.
Intro: Every place Molech is mentioned, God speaks of it in the strongest possible terms.
Molech is mentioned in the Bible 10 times.
8 times it is Molech; twice it is Moloch.
I. The Abomination of Molech
Moloch was a false god of the Ammonites.
Ammon was the result of an incestuous relationship with Lot and his daughter.
- 36 Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.
- 37 And the firstborn bare a son, and called his name Moab: the same is the father of the Moabites unto this day.
- 38 And the younger, she also bare a son, and called his name Benammi: the same is the father of the children of Ammon unto this day.
The first mention of Molech is found in Leviticus 18:21.
The placement of this verse is extremely important.
The chapter starts with these words from the Lord:
- 1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
- 2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, I am the LORD your God.
- 3 After the doings of the land of Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, whither I bring you, shall ye not do: neither shall ye walk in their ordinances.
- 4 Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine ordinances, to walk therein: I am the LORD your God.
- 5 Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD.
Then, God proceeded to list in great detail the different types of sexual and behaviour that is forbidden.
The nature of these sins fall into categories ranging from:
- incest – vs. 6-18
- adultery – vs. 20
- sodomy – vs. 22
- bestiality – vs. 23
The words in this chapter reveal God’s attitude toward these sins:
- abomination – vs. 22
- abominations – vs. 26, 27, 29
- abominable customs – vs. 30
The word “defile” is used 5 times –
Sandwiched between these verses of gross immorality is a verse that appears on the surface to be a misfit.
In a chapter of 30 verses dealing with sexual immorality and depravity is a seemingly random verse on idolatry.
God’s words were clear – it just wasn’t for the people of Israel.
It also applied to the strangers that sojourned in Israel.
II. The Apathy toward Molech – vs. 4 “…if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes…”
God’s words of condemnation were not just for those that sacrificed their children to Molech.
III. The Appetite of Molech
In every single mention of Molech, it mentions the appetite that it had.
Molech’s appetite was very specific. Its appetite was children.
Notice these examples:
- Leviticus 18:21 And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through [the fire] to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I [am] the LORD.
Again, we see the appetite of Molech referenced multiple times in Leviticus 20.
- 2 Kings 23:10 And he defiled Topheth, which [is] in the valley of the children of Hinnom, that no man might make his son or his daughter to pass through the fire to Molech.
- Jeremiah 32:35 And they built the high places of Baal, which [are] in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through [the fire] unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.
Modern-Day Molech has several manifestations.
1. Undocumented immigration – sex trafficking; child-smuggling
2. Children’s services and Children’s courts – government intervention in families; placing foster children in immoral and ungodly home environments.
ILLUSTRATION: A former Milwaukee County Children’s Court judge was sentenced Wednesday to nine years in federal prison for transmitting child pornography in the fall of 2020, less than six months after he was elected.
Brett Blomme, 39, an openly gay married father of two, had been elected less than a year before he was arrested in March on state child porn charges. In May, he was indicted on two federal charges and pleaded guilty in September. U.S. District Judge James Peterson cited several aggravating factors in the case. One was the nature of the pornography. He called it “sadistic treatment of toddlers,” “extreme victimization” and “the worst of the worst.”
3. Government schools – where the grip on the minds and souls of our youth is tightened.
NOTE: There may be some conservative and traditional school zones scattered throughout America, but as a whole, I will not back down on this assessment of the government school.
NOTE: We have employees of the Baltimore school system sitting in this service.
They agree with me 100%.
Their agenda is not just liberal; it is diabolical.
It’s not Democratic; it is demonic.
Before my father-in-law got saved, he told his wife that his children would not go to public school.
He was a drunk, but he didn’t want his kids in public school.
He sent his children to private school in the late ‘60’s.
My wife’s mother drove over 130 miles a day to put their kids in private school
The public school’s indoctrination process starts day one of kindergarten.
My parents put me in Christian school in the mid 70’s.
I’ve never attended a single day of public school.
I would take a bullet to my head before I dropped my child off at a public school in this day and age.
4. Social media
- the glorification of sin on TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat
- the vulnerability to sexual predators is unimaginable
- the unnatural becomes cool; the wicked becomes glamorous
- robbing children of their innocence
5. The abortion industry
The current firestorm brought about by the leak from the Supreme Court.
The endangerment of our Supreme Court justices over the threat of Roe v Wade being overturned.
The mad dash to secure the abortions.
6. The sodomite and transgender agenda
Mainstream has not only embraced but are now force-feeding our society with this depravity.
Fox News hired Bruce Jenner as a contributor.
Just Friday night, they highlighted a family that transitioned their 5 year old child.
Partial transcript from the interview:
“We put our story out there so people could see like that there is another family out there that is going through what we’re going through or there is another family who is proud of who they are,” Ryland said.
“Before Ryland could speak he managed to tell his parents that he is a boy,” added mother Hillary.
“I could see it. It wasn’t him trying to be a brat. It was like painful. It was painful for him to have to wear feminine clothing and for us constantly telling him that you are a girl,” she added.
“When he came out at age 5 a few years later he had the full support of his parents. Initially, there was some pushback trying to understand this,” Llenas noted.
“We were confused like most people are. We thought gender and sexuality were the same thing. It took us a while to figure out those two things are different and children actually do recognize their gender identity very young. Some of them, not all,” Hillary continued.
“They listened to Ryland and Hillary’s conservative faith,” Llenas explained.
“For me, it is just a deep spiritual belief that you believe in God and he created us the way he wanted us and he created Ryland just the way he is,” Hillary said.
They have created so many minorities for children who feel lost and have no self-worth.
They are welcomed with open arms into lifestyles that are completely bizarre.
This is not a natural phenomenon; it is an indoctrination.
NEWS: The number of young LGBTQ people who have considered suicide is rising. Between the ages of 18 and 24, the rate is already more than three times the national average.
The Trevor Project, a suicide prevention organization for LGBTQ youth found the numbers are particularly high for transgender teens. According to its 2022 National Survey on LGBTQ Youth Mental Health, almost one in five transgender and nonbinary youth attempted suicide in the last year. – https://www.abc27.com/news/local/high-rates-of-suicide-suicidal-thoughts-in-transgender-teens/
In 3rd world countries where there is no outside influence, these things are unheard of.
In the deepest, darkest places on the globe, they know that there are only 2 genders; male and female.
Gender dysphoria is the term created to explain the confusion that the world created.
Transphobia is another word they created to describe those that don’t go along with it.
There are 5 Children’s hospitals in the USA promoting gender reassignment surgery.
They literally mutilate a child’s reproductive anatomy.
It is a medical transition that is experimental; with a 67% complication rate.
At $70,000 per surgery, butchering the God-given reproductive anatomy of children.
The link between mental health and transition surgery is ignored.
The danger zone is 7 to 10 years; people are most suicidal AFTER the surgery.
Transphobic to discuss it.
For every gender reassignment surgery that takes place, it generates 1.3 million in revenue for big pharma.
Example: In Vancouver, British Columbia Canada. Arrested and fined $30,000 according to Canada law for misgendering his own daughter. He protested the hormone blockers that the hospital was going to administer immediately. Based only on an ex-wife’s affirmation of her daughter’s feelings. Calling your daughter a “she” is considered criminal violence – equivalent to physical assault.
IV. The Alternative to Molech
I stand before you today if you are standing at the altar of Molech and offer you an alternative.
- Satan’s plan:The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
- Jesus’s plan: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
God has broken my heart over the deception in our land.
These people need Jesus Christ.
- 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
- 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
- 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Jesus died to save the lost – all of them.
There is no danger of being rejected by Jesus.
- John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.