Kids Can Know
Judges 2:10 And also all that generation were gathered unto their fathers: and there arose another generation after them, which knew not the LORD, nor yet the works which he had done for Israel.
Intro: In our text, Joshua had died and the older generation had also passed on. The generation that came up after them did not know the Lord, nor his works. Apparently, God’s people didn’t think that kids can know God because they didn’t bother to tell them.
They failed to do what God had told them to in Deuteronomy 6:7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
I want to go on record today with this statement – Kids Can Know God!!
Look at these very specific passages that prove what I’m saying.
I. Kids Can know the Voice of God
I Samuel 3
- 7 Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD, neither was the word of the LORD yet revealed unto him.
- 8 And the LORD called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the LORD had called the child.
- 9 Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, LORD; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place.
- 10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.
II. Kids Can know the Word of God
- 2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
III. Kids Can know the Touch of God
- 13 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them.
- 14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
- 15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
- 16 And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.
IV. Kids Can know the Worship of God
- 15 And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; they were sore displeased,
- 16 And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?
V. Kids Can know the Call of God
- 4 Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
- 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
- 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.
- 7 But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.