How to Prepare for Revival
- The Prayer for Revival – wilt thou not revive us again
- The People of Revival – that thy people
- The Product of Revival – may rejoice in thee.
I. Recognize Satan’s Agenda
- 2 Corinthians 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
Satan is aware of the fact that a victorious, obedient Christian is the greatest threat to his kingdom.
He will continually tear you down and do everything he can to keep you from getting a revival.
A revived Christian is a major threat.
II. Request Specific Assistance
- John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
- Psalms 22:19 But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me.
- Psalms 38:22 Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.
- Psalms 40:13 Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.
You know where you are struggling. Ask God to help you in that area.
III. Remain Spiritually Alert
You don’t know how or when God will choose to answer that prayer.
He can do it through your personal devotions.
He can do it through a friend.
He can do it during the song service or through a testimony.
He can do it through the preaching of the Word of God.
He can do it anytime, anywhere.
Be alert to His voice.
Be mindful of what you prayed for and be looking for the answer!
IV. Receive Scriptural Admonition
- Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
- 1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.