He Knows Me, And He Still Loves Me
I. Notice His Mercy
- 4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
- 8 The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
- 9 He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.
- 10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
- 11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
The conditions for his unlimited mercy is TO FEAR HIM!
II. Notice His Mindset
- 13 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him.
III. Notice His Memory – vs. 14 …he remembereth that we are dust
Psalm 78:36 Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues.
37 For their heart was not right with him, neither were they stedfast in his covenant.
38 But he, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, and destroyed them not: yea, many a time turned he his anger away, and did not stir up all his wrath.
39 For he remembered that they were but flesh; a wind that passeth away, and cometh not again.
IV. Notice His Majesty – vs. 19-22
What’s the point you say?
That LORD, that prepared his throne?
That LORD, whose kingdom ruleth over all?
That LORD, whose angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments? that hearken unto the voice of his word?
That LORD, whose dominion is in all places??
That’s my father!! He knows me, and He still loves me!