He Hath Opened Mine Eyes!
John 9:30 The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye
know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.
- It was an Unexpected Miracle – vs. 1 When he woke up that morning, he had no idea he’d be healed
- It was an Unconventional Miracle – vs. 6 Imagine how uncomfortable and embarrassing that must have been
- It was an Undeniable Miracle – vs. 7 and came seeing; everybody else knew it as well – vs. 8
- It was an Unexplainable Miracle – vs. 12, 17, 25 There was more that he DID NOT understand than did.
I’m glad I can say with the blind man in John 9 – He hath opened my eyes!
I. To the Way – John 9:7 …He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.
No doubt he had travelled this way many times. But that was before he met Jesus.
I once travelled the way of the unsaved.
- Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Illustration: Riding 4 wheelers in Hartsville SC and almost killing myself on a steep, dangerous incline.
- Proverbs 4:19 The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.
- Psalms 1:6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
The difference in this way on this day was he had God’s direction and authorization.
Now I’m travelling the way of the Saved
- Psalms 119:30 I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me.\
II. To the Word – vs. 11 He discovered real quick the power of obedience to the Word of the Master!
- Psalms 119:18 Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.
- 1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
- Luke 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
- Psalms 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
III. To the Worship – vs. 38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
I’m reminded of what Jesus said to the woman at the well in John 4:
- John 4:21-24 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Falling at the feet of Jesus and worshipping Him is a natural reaction to those whose eyes have been opened!