Get It Together Sermon Series
Intro: We have preached five messages in this series. We have looked at:
- You and your God
- You and your Church
- You and Your Home
- You and your Prayer Life
- You and your Friends
The word “together” is found 469 times in the Bible. We could preach on a lot more of them. Tonight is the last one.
I want to take a few minutes and commend you as a church.
I’ve been a member of quite a few churches in my life, but I’ve never seen a church more involved in outreach as Calvary Baptist Church.
We have three organized soul-winning and outreach opportunities, not counting the Retirement Homes, Rescue Missions, Jail Ministry, Reformers Unanimous and unscheduled visits and soulwinning.
It is rare that we don’t have
You and your Soulwinning
- Matthew 22:10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
- Mark 2:1, And again he entered into Capernaum after some days; and it was noised that he was in the house. And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them.
Getting It Together concerning our Soulwinning means:
I. We are Confident in our Savior
It was noised that he was in the house. – see verse 1
Somebody started making some noise about Jesus being in the house.
When Jesus is in the house – that is a big deal!
Word spread that Jesus was there, and when they got there, notice what He did in verse 2: He preached the word!!
I’ve said it before, and I will keep saying it – the main thing here at the church is the PREACHING OF THE WORD!
We have a lot of ministries; we have a lot of big days; we have a lot of different outreaches.
The main event around here is THE PREACHING OF THE WORD!
We have to have enough confidence in the power of the Word to make some noise and get folks here!
- Ask people – Is God at your church?
- Ask people – Is God changing people’s lives on a daily and weekly basis at your church?
- Ask people – Is the Word of God being preached with power and anointing at your church?
We are not expressing confidence in our church, though we believe God’s hand is on this place.
We are not expressing confidence in our pastor, though God has and will use His man to reach people.
We are expressing confidence in the fact that if lost souls can get in the same house as God, they can be saved!
That woman in John 4 said – COME SEE A MAN!!!!
Nathaniel asked Philip in John 1 – Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip said – COME AND SEE!!
II. We are Cooperating with the Saints
This crowd of “many gathered together” in verse 2 is not the work of one soulwinner.
They were all busy spreading the word.
I love the story of these four men all focused on one helpless man.
We have a very organized outreach plan here at Calvary.
We have the spreadsheets, we have the staff members, we have the names and addresses.
We have the places to go and the people to visit.
What we need more of is soul-winners and church members that will cooperate and work with us to bring folks in.
It takes an entire church working together to reach their community.
III. We are Concerned about Souls
It goes without saying that soul winning is a command from God.
I believe we are all aware of that here at Calvary Baptist Church.
What we have to be reminded of in our busy schedules is that people matter.
These four men were concerned about “one sick of the palsy”
I wonder how many “sick” people there are in our community that need to get in the same house as God?
We should never lose sight of the souls that are within arm’s reach of our church.
Just in Dundalk alone there are nearly 65,000 people.
In Essex there is over 40,000 people.
Within a 7 mile radius of our church, there are approximately 400,000 souls.
Our church was put here to reach souls.
We can’t lose sight of that – no matter what we do.
- We are not here to build buildings and build ministries and run programs.
- We are not here to feed the hungry and clothe the poor and entertain the kids.
- We are not here to build up a name or erect memorials unto ourselves.
- We are here to keep lost souls from spending all eternity in the flames of hell!!
- Jude 22, 23 And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire;