(School Chapel Message)
Proverbs 20:11 Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.
Intro: Just like this PowerPoint slide reveals to the whole world that I misspelled these words, your life reveals to all the world what you do in private. I did this in my office. There was nobody in there but me. But now everybody can see what I did in private. When you do wrong, everybody sees it. When you do right, everybody sees it.
The single greatest desire of a parent, a teacher, a pastor, and especially God is for everyone to just simply DO RIGHT.
A. The Reputation – Even a child is known…
KNOWN: to recognise, acknowledge, know, respect, discern, regard
B. The Revelation – by his doings
Your reputation is based on what you do.
C. The Right – whether his work be pure, or whether it be right.
Your works and your life will either be right or it will be wrong.
ILLUSTRATION: I can argue that this title is spelled correctly.
Am I right or wrong?
How can we be sure?
Look it up in the dictionary!
Just like we can look it up in the Bible to see if it is right or wrong.
- Judges 21:25 In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did [that which was] right in his own eyes.
- Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.
- Proverbs 21:2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.
II Chronicles 24
- 1 Joash was seven years old when he began to reign, and he reigned forty years in Jerusalem. His mother’s name also was Zibiah of Beersheba.
- 2 And Joash did that which was right in the sight of the LORD all the days of Jehoiada the priest.
God is the one that decides if its right or not – not you or me!
I. Right Mind
- Proverbs 12:5 The thoughts of the righteous are right: but the counsels of the wicked [are] deceit.
ILLUSTRATION: Mark 5:15 And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.
It starts by getting your mind right.
You can’t do right if your mind is not right.
- Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
- Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
II Timothy 3
- 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
- 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
II. Right Mouth
- Proverbs 8:6 Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.
- Proverbs 16:13 Righteous lips are the delight of kings; and they love him that speaketh right.
- Proverbs 23:16 Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things.
- Proverbs 24:26 Every man shall kiss his lips that giveth a right answer.
III. Right Manners
- Ezekiel 11:12 And ye shall know that I am the LORD: for ye have not walked in my statutes, neither executed my judgments, but have done after the manners of the heathen that are round about you.
- 1 Timothy 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
- 1 Samuel 18:14 And David behaved himself wisely in all his ways; and the LORD was with him.
- 1 Samuel 18:15 Wherefore when Saul saw that he behaved himself very wisely, he was afraid of him.
The king was afraid of David!! Why? Because he did right.