Don’t Forget It!
Psalms 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Intro: I am so glad we have a God that never forgets!
- 13 Like as a father pitieth [his] children, [so] the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
- 14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we [are] dust.
I. The Benefits of Salvation
NOTE: It is possible to forget! See I Peter 1:9
- 2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
- 3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
- 4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
- 5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good [things; so that] thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
- 6 The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.
- 7 He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.
- 8 The LORD [is] merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
- 9 He will not always chide: neither will he keep [his anger] for ever.
- 10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
- 11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, [so] great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
- 12 As far as the east is from the west, [so] far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
II. The Benefits of the Scriptures
- 18 To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.
- 20 Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.
See James 1:25
III. The Benefits of the Saints
- 21 Bless ye the LORD, all [ye] his hosts; [ye] ministers of his, that do his pleasure.
SEE II Tim. 3:14