Abounding in Preparation Part 4
Prepare your Home
I Chron. 22:6 Then he called for Solomon his son, and charged him to build an house unto the name of the Lord my God.
The vision that David had for the work of God involved his family.
He couldn’t do it alone – God wouldn’t allow him.
He had to recruit his family to see his vision come to pass.
So what did David do?
He called for his son, and charged him.
CHARGED: to command, charge, give orders, lay charge, give charge to, order
David had to prepare his home for the work.
This involved three things:
I. David’s Expectation – verse 5 …exceeding magnifical…
He had no qualms about raising the bar for his son.
He didn’t allow his son to dictate the standards.
He defined his expectations to his son and it was a HIGH STANDARD!!
David didn’t just ask him to do his best; he defined it.
- Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
II. David’s Explanation – verse 7-13
- 7 He explained what was on his mind. This speaks of David’s level of Communication.
- 7b He explained that it was for the name of the Lord. This speaks of David’s Consecration.
- 8 He explained his limitations. This speaks of David’s Commitment.
- 9, 10 He explained God’s plan for Solomon. This speaks of David’s Cooperation.
- 11-13 He explained the seriousness of the task. This speaks of David’s Concern.
III. David’s Example – verse 14-16
14 …Now, behold, in my trouble.
Your kids are beholding. What are they seeing?
Your kids are watching. Set an example!!
How much trouble have you gone to in order to set the standard in your home?
Is it too much trouble?
Are you cutting corners?
14c …have I prepared; and thou mayest add thereto.
What have you done for your children to add to?
Have you laid a foundation for them to build on?