Watch this message HERE
While You Can
John 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
I want to draw your attention to three words in this verse:
- The Work – I must work the works of him that sent me (used 3 times)
- The While – while it is day
- The When – the night cometh, when no man can work.
There are several stories in the Bible that have a common factor: those in the story took advantage of where they were, when they were there, to maximize their opportunity.
Imagine a church full of people that took advantage of every opportunity; no wasted opportunities.
I. Stock up on Ammo
- 1 Samuel 17:40 And he took his staff in his hand, and chose him five smooth stones out of the brook, and put them in a shepherd’s bag which he had, even in a scrip; and his sling was in his hand: and he drew near to the Philistine.
He didn’t know when would be the last time he would have to load up on stones for his sling.
He didn’t know how many battles he would have to fight.
He liked a full arsenal!
Imagine if God’s people loaded up on ammo every time we had access to it!
Our ammo is the WORD OF GOD! Jesus used it against Satan in Matthew 4.
We need as much as we can.
II. Search for Answers – Jesus in Luke 2
- Luke 2:46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
He didn’t waste time playing around when there was so much wisdom all in one place.
For three days he sat and asked questions. Why? Because there was a room full of people with answers!!
Teenagers – get advice BEFORE you get a boyfriend!
Parents – get advise BEFORE your kid gets expelled from school!
Husbands – Wives – get answers BEFORE your marriage is on the rocks!
Get answers while you can!!
III. Soul-win with Anointing
- Acts 17:16, 17 Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry. Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.
NOTICE – Paul was dropped off in Athens – while he waited
Notice what he was looking at – their idolatry. He was taking in their spiritual needs.
Notice how it affected his spirit – it was wholly moved within him. He wasn’t numb to it; it bothered him.
THEREFORE – he disputed daily…
Conclusion: John 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Work while you can!!