The Believers 7-UP
- Wake Up – vs. 14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
We’ve got to many Christians that are asleep.
- 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
- Straighten Up – vs. 15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
When I see this verse, I think of a tightrope walker.
Definition of CIRCUMSPECTLY: exactly, accurately, diligently
- Hurry Up – vs. 16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
Be mindful of our limited time left to reach the world.
We can’t continue to live our life wasting so much time doing things that are unimportant.
- Wise Up – vs. 17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
The child of God has no excuse for not having godly wisdom.
It is available, it is essential, and God is giving it liberally!!
His will is made clear in the Scriptures.
- Fill Up – vs. 18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
- Filled – controlled; to cause to abound, to furnish or supply liberally
- Cheer Up – vs. vs. 19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
It is impossible to walk around as a Christian in depression and discouraged if you are:
- Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs
- Singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord
- Giving thanks always for all things
- Give Up – vs. 21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
A Spirit-filled person doesn’t always have to win an argument, or come out on top.