Thank God for Unity
I. The Delight – vs. 1
DEFINITION OF PLEASANT: pleasant, delightful, sweet, lovely, agreeable; delightful; lovely, beautiful (physical); singing, sweetly sounding, musical
The Common Bond – brethren – sons of the same Father
- 1 Peter 3:8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
The Communion – brethren to dwell together in unity
II. The Description – vs. 2
- Unified Minds – upon the head
- Unified Maturity – upon the beard, even Aaron’s beard
- Unified Ministry – down to the skirts of his garments
III. The Duration – vs. 3 ...even life forevermore
- As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
Dew help feed and nourish; helps things grow.
Conclusion: Romans 15:5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.