Teach Me to Fight the Right Way
Teach Me to Fight Series Part 3
2 Corinthians 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
I. The Right Walk – vs. 1-3
- The Right Attitude – by the meekness and gentleness of Christ – vs. 1
- The Right Approach – base and still bold – vs. 1, 2
- The Right Attack – we do not war after the flesh – vs. 3
We must be Spirit-filled in our fight!
- Notice Galatians 5:15-25 – LOOK IT UP!
II. The Right War – vs. 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
Make no mistake. We are in a war!
But – we cannot fight this war the wrong way, or we will become a casualty!
- I Timothy 1:18 This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;
- 19 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck;
- 20 Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.
- 2 Timothy 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
III. The Right Weapons
A. The Right Weapons pull down the wrong things – vs. 4-6
- Fighting the right way pulls down Satanic strongholds. – vs. 4
- Fighting the right way casts down imaginations – vs. 5a
- Fighting the right way casts down every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God. – vs. 5b
- Fighting the right way brings into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. – vs. 5c
- Fighting the right way means being ready to revenge all disobedience by fulfilling your obedience. – vs. 6
B. The Right Weapons build up the right things – vs. 8-18
- Fighting the right way means you use your authority to edify – not destroy people. – vs. 8
- Fighting the right way means your deeds are weighty and powerful. – vs. 10
- Fighting the right way means not comparing yourself with others. – vs. 12
- Fighting the right way means not commending yourself. – vs. 12
- Fighting the right way means not going past your God-given authority to rebuke and correct. – vs. 13
- Fighting the right way means other people’s faith will be increased – vs. 15
- Fighting the right way means you bring God glory – vs. 17
- Fighting the right way means you seek God’s approval; not your own. – vs. 18