Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
Intro: The world has gone crazy over safe spaces. Colleges are making the news; not for producing geniuses and inventors of amazing things, but for harboring snowflakes and creating places for spoiled leftist brats to sit and sulk and pout and rant and rave about what they don’t like about America.
Dictionary Definition: safe space / noun: a place (as on a college campus) intended to be free of bias, conflict, criticism, or potentially threatening actions, ideas, or conversations (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
I. Trust in the Lord
- Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
Illustrations: Daniel in the den of lions; three Hebrew children in the fiery furnace.
The safest place to be is in the center of God’s will.
QUOTE: I’d rather be in a den of lions in God’s perfect will than to be on a Bahama Cruise out of God’s will!
The safest place in the world is right in the center of God’s will.
- 1:32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. 33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
II. Talk to a Multitude of Counsellors
- Proverbs 11:14 Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.
- Proverbs 24:6 For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety.
QUOTE: He that won’t be counseled can’t be helped. – Benjamin Franklin
QUOTE: He who can take advice is sometimes superior to him who can give it.
A person that is sincerely seeking safety will surround themselves with a multitude – not one or two; but a multitude of counsellors.
QUOTE: As a pastor, I have found out that many people that ask don’t want my advice; they want my approval. Those that don’t ask don’t care about either one.
III. Take Hold of Sound Wisdom
- Proverbs 3:23 Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.
This passage starts at verse 13 and goes through to verse 26. Expound on these verses.
- The Search for Wisdom – vs. 13 – NOTE: It is FOUND because you SEARCHED for it.
- The Significance of Wisdom – vs. 14-20
- The Safety of Wisdom – vs. 21-26