The Expectation of Abounding
II Cor. 8:7 Therefore, as ye abound in every thing…
I. The Omnipotent Provision
- John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Contrast to: steal, kill, destroy
- Why does it seem that the thief is winning?
- Why do so many that choose the life option, opt out of the abundant life portion?
- Why are so many that get life falling prey to the thief?
Abundance is what Jesus Christ was good at.
Jesus wasn’t much on half-rations.
Colossians 1:19 says AND IT PLEASED THE FATHER THAT IN HIM SHOULD ALL FULNESS DWELL.
John 1:16 says …AND OF HIS FULNESS HAVE ALL WE RECEIVED.
Jesus never short-changed anybody.
If you have Him, you have everything!!
An Abundance of Knowledge/Utterance
- John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
- John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
Fish and Bread
- Luke 9:17 And they did eat, and were all filled: and there was taken up of fragments that remained to them twelve baskets.
- Luke 4:40 Now when the sun was setting, all they that had any sick with divers diseases brought them unto him; and he laid his hands on every one of them, and healed them.
- No problem left unaddressed.
- No sickness left unhealed.
- No person left untouched.
- No need left unmet.
- No question left unanswered.
- No life left unchanged.
Jesus never did anything halfway. Jesus never did anything half-hearted.
Jesus never calculated his time, or his cost, or his investment and pulled back.
Jesus dealt with every person and fulfilled their expectation of Him to the maximum.
Great Commission Power
- 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
- 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
- 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
God expects us to reciprocate.
II. The Overwhelming Pattern
How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.
III. The Obvious Plan
Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, (it is a given)
A. The Surety of the Abounding
Not “if” ye abound
Not I hope ye abound
He said AS YE ABOUND…
B. The Scope of the Abounding
- …in every thing
in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also.
TURN TO: 2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: